Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Everyday English - Going Shopping for Groceries

This is everyday English. Even though it is not a conversation, it is a good way to practice listening and speaking.

Going Shopping for Groceries

Some people like to go to the grocery store in the middle of the day. But I always go in the middle of the night. I think that is the best time to go because there are almost no customers in there at that time.

The store I go to is called "Safeway". They are open 24 hours a day, so a person can go shopping anytime they want. I go in the middle of the night because there are a lot less people, and I can really take my time looking around for food I want to get.

I try to get enough food to last me at least two weeks. That way I don't have to go the store all the time. Unless of course I forget something that I wanted to get. And that happens a lot.

I spend a lot of the time looking at prices to find the best deals on all the food I buy. I don't usually care about a brand name item, and often times the grocery store's item of a food is usually less expensive.

update: Part of improving your English listening skills is learning to read out loud. Try your best to read the following paragraphs out loud. If you'd like to hear more conversations that are said daily in English, visit WorldEnglishClub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment