Saturday, June 19, 2010

Daily English Conversation - Ryan Goes Shopping

Listen to this daily English conversation. Their accent is an American accent. This conversation is a dialogue that you would experience in an everyday situation. So listen and follow along.

"Listening to English conversations is the key when trying to improve your English. Along with speaking and reading, listening is the most important action you can do to imrove your English." - worldenglishclub.com
Click on the link below to hear the English conversation

Ryan goes Shopping


Ryan: Excuse me. can you help me?
Sales Clerk: Yes. What do you need?
Ryan: I'm looking for some new pants but I can't seem to find much.
Sales Clerk: Well let's start by finding out what kind of pants you like.
Ryan: Well I would really like some jeans. Maybe a really dark blue.
Sales Clerk: Okay, we have those right over here. What's your size?
Ryan: I think my waist is about 34. But I don't know how long they should be.
Sales Clerk: How about these? Hold them up to your legs and see if they are long enough.
Ryan: I like these jeans. But they seem a little short.
Sales Clerk: Then it looks like you need one size longer. You can try these on in the changing room right over here.
Ryan: Okay. Thank you. I'll be just a minute.
Sales Clerk: Sure. Take your time.

After Ryan tries the jeans on, he wants to buy them.



Ryan: Sir? These jeans fit great. I want to buy them.
Sales Clerk: Okay great. Did you have anything else you would like to purchase?
Ryan: No. just this please.
Sales Clerk: Alright, your total is forty two oh five ($42.05).
Ryan: Okay, here's forty five ($45)
Sales Clerk: And here's your change. Thank you sir. Please come back again.
Ryan: Okay. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment