Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Daily English Conversation with David and Annie

Here is another daily English conversation. Listen to their American accent and try to repeat words after they say them. Doing that is a good way to practice your spoken English while working on listening to English as well.

The Park

David: Let's walk this off.

Annie: Do you want to walk around the lake?

David: Yeah. It's such a beautiful day. I can wear my new tennis shoes.

Annie: Look at those flowers. They've bloomed since the last time we were here.

David: What are they called again?

Annie: They're Lilacs. I'd love to plant some in my yard.

David: They sure smell good.

Annie: The only problem is that they only last about two weeks.

David: Maybe you should plant something that lasts longer.

Annie: Did you hear that?

David: Yeah, I think it's a cardinal.

Annie: There it is in that pine tree.

David: Where? I can't see it.

Annie: To the left of that broken branch.

David: Oh I see it. It's a male. I can tell because it's bright red.

Annie: Isn't he gorgeous?

David: There he goes. He must have heard us.

Annie: Look how blue the lake is.

David: You can almost see the bottom.

Annie: There's some ducks. And they have babies with them.

David: I think there's six of them.

Annie: No, I count nine of them. They're so cute.

David: You're right. There are nine.

Annie: Look at them all lined up behind their mom.

David: Why are they headed for the shore so fast?

Annie: Yeah and the other birds are flying off too.

David: Oh, there's a hawk up there.

Annie: That's why they're running away. Hurry little ducks, hurry!

David: They got to the brush in time. I don't think the hawk can get them now.

Annie: Good.

David: You're so caring, always worrying about the little animals.

Annie: I just wouldn't want anything to happen to them.

David: Hey, there's a bench up there under that oak tree. Shall we sit a while?

Annie: Yes. I love the shade and we can listen to the birds.

David: It's so peaceful. I could sit here all day.

Annie: Me too. Especially when I'm with you.

David: Oh, aren't you sweet. No wonder I love you so much.

Annie: I love you too, honey.

David: Let's get going.

Annie: Okay.

update: This and other normal life, daily English conversations are at World English Club where they believe that the more you listen, the more you learn. But I believe that it also takes practicing speaking, as well as listening. Visit their site and see for yourself what they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment